Eat Right, Enjoy life
Now a days you will find everyone is speaking about being healthy more than before. Agree this pandemic has taught us how important is health for everyone.
So let us just Eat right to keep on enjoying our life. But then eat right is a very subjective matter. What is right for one person may not be so for another. But there are some foods which taken in moderation is good for everyone.
Today I thought I will just share with all of you about few of the foods that cannot go wrong for anyone. Some of them are –
- Fruit & Berries– Fruits contains many of the essential vitamins, minerals. They also provide huge range of antioxidants. Being rich in fiber, it helps to keep the digestive system healthy and protects against weight gain. Diets rich in fruits are low calorie and so helps in stabilizing the cholesterol level too. Most of the fruits also contain antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Vegetables – Vegetables are low in calories and high in nutrients and so most of the nutritionist / dieticians recommend to consume vegetables daily. Experts recommend to have a balanced diet of different varieties of vegetables as it’s the best way to gain various nutrient. Like fruits, vegetables too are rich in various types of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that are required for healthy living. They are also good source of dietary fiber. Experts recommend to have 75% of our meals to consist of vegetables. Leafy vegetables are known to lower blood pressure and lower risk of heart disease.
- Dry Fruit & Nuts – Dry fruits & nuts are called the powerhouse of nutrients. They can be your mid-meal munchies with health benefits. They are highly nutritious and rich in protein, vitamins, dietary fibers and minerals with lots of benefits. Since Dry fruits are rich in various nutrients, they help to increase your immunity. Also, the presence of antioxidants helps to fight against various infections and illnesses. Presence of essential oil in dry fruits and nuts help to keep skin radiant and glowing.
- Legumes – Legumes are a great source of plant-based proteins. Common edible legumes include lentils, chickpeas, beans etc. They are rich source of protein, fiber, minerals like phosphorous, iron, magnesium etc and carbohydrates. Being naturally low in fat and nearly free of saturated fat, they are free as well. Legumes are also known to have antinutrients. These antinutrients can block the body from absorbing certain nutrients. This can be managed by having legumes in not only moderate quantity but also having different type of legumes diet.
- Cereal grains – Cereal grains contain a substantial amount of starch, a carbohydrate that provides dietary energy. Few of the cereal grains are rice, wheat, oats, barley etc. Most of human diet consists mainly of cereal. Out of all these rice & wheat are the most common. Beside carbohydrates, they also contain dietary fiber and few minerals like Vitamin, magnesium, selenium etc.
The best way to have healthy diet is to have all of these above-mentioned food in a proportion that is optimally required by your body. Every body has different dietary need, so it is very important to remember that while planning your diet.
Along with eating the right kind of food, it is utmost important have positive thoughts too. Thoughts play a very important role in our well-being. So in a nutshell to enjoy this wonderful journey of life, eat right, think positive.
#thefillingstationindia #snacks #healthydiet #life